The goal of tertiary treatment is to remove unwanted elements such as SS, COD (solid and colloidal), phosphorus and specific compounds (pesticides, metals, detergents, and so on). It is designed to improve the quality of purified water so that it can be discharged into the natural environment or re-used.
A number of different technologies can be applied, such as:
- Densadeg for clarification by settling
- Phosphate removal in a Greendaf unit or in a metal package unit, Aquadaf PS
- Example of a greendaf rapid flotation installation
- Aquazur V for sand filtration
- Aquaray for UV disinfection