Secondary treatment is the biological treatment of water using a wide variety of microorganisms, primarily bacteria. These microorganisms convert biodegradable organic matter contained in wastewater into simple substances and additional biomass.
Depending on the environment, several types of biological processes may be used. Technologies include:
- Biofor for the biological filtration of carbon, nitrogen and nitrates;
- Cyclor for SBR (Sequencing Batch Reactor) type activated sludge processes;
- Cyclor SBR operating principle
- Meteor-IFAS for biological purification by mixed cultures to treat nitrogen and carbon;
- Cleargreen for nitrogen overload removal as a supplement to anaerobic sludge treatment
- Regulation of sequenced aeration for activated sludge with Greenbass, to precisely control energy consumption